List of Publications
Studies in Antisemitism Series
Studies in Antisemitism: History
Joint Project with the Zalman Shazar Center for Jewish History
The Felix Posen Bibliographic Project
ACTA Occasional Papers
The Study Circle on World Jewry
SICSA Annual Report: Newsletter (out of print)
Abstracts of SICSA Publications
STUDIES IN ANTISEMITISM SERIES
- Shmuel Almog, ed.: Antisemitism through the Ages. Oxford: Pergamon, 1988. xi, 419 pp. abstract
- Robert Everett: Christianity without Antisemitism: James Parkes and the Jewish Christian Encounter. Oxford: Pergamon, 1993. xiv, 346 pp. abstract
- William Korey: Russian Antisemitism, Pamyat, and the Demonology of Zionism. Reading, England: Harwood Press, 1995. x, 243 pp. abstract Table of contents, preface
- Deborah Lipstadt: Denying the Holocaust: The Growing Assault on Truth and Memory. NY: Free Press, 1993. ix, 278 pp. abstract
- Ronald Modras: The Catholic Church and Antisemitism, Poland 1933-1939. Reading, England: Harwood, 1994. x, 429 pp. abstract Table of contents, preface
- Ronald Nettler: Past Trials and Present Tribulations: A Muslim Fundamentalist's View of the Jews. Oxford: Pergamon, 1987. 104 pp. abstract
- Elisheva Revel-Neher: The Image of the Jew in Byzantine Art. Oxford: Pergamon, 1992. 200 pp. with 100 illustrations, 10 in color. abstract
- Frank Stern: The Whitewashing of the Yellow Badge: Antisemitism and Philosemitism in Postwar Germany 1945-1952. Oxford: Pergamon, 1992. xxv, 455 pp. abstract
- Leon Volovici: Nationalist Ideology and Antisemitism: The Case of Romanian Intellectuals in the 1930s.Oxford: Pergamon, 1991. xi, 213 pp. abstract
- Richard H. Weisberg: Vichy Law and the Holocaust in France. Foreword: Michael R. Marrus. Chur, Switzerland: Harwood Academic Publishers, 1996. 480 pp. abstract Table of contents, preface
- Wistrich, Robert S., ed.: Demonizing the Other: Antisemitism, Racism and Xenophobia. Chur, Switzerland: Harwood Academic Publishers, 1999. abstract
- Rivka Yadlin: An Arrogant, Oppressive Spirit: Antisemitism as Anti-Judaism in Egypt. Oxford: Pergamon, 1989. x, 135 pp. abstract
- Weisberg, Richard H.: Vichy Law and the Holocaust in France. New York: New York University Press, for the Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1996. xxiii, 447 pp.
- De Michelis, Cesare G.: The Non-Existent Manuscript: A Study of the "Protocols of the Sages of Zion".Trans.: Richard Newhouse. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, for the Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism, 2004. 419 pp. Originally published as "Il manoscritto inesistente: I 'Protocolli dei savi di Sion': Un apocrifo del XX secolo" (Venezia: Marsilio, 1998).
- Rossman, Vadim Joseph: Russian Intellectual Antisemitism in the Post-Communist Era. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press for the Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (SICSA), Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2002. ix, 309 pp.
- Kauders, Anthony D.: Democratization and the Jews: Munich, 1945-1965. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press for the Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (SICSA), 2004. 326 pp.
- Graciela Ben-Dror: The Catholic Church and the Jews, Argentina, 1933–1945.Lincoln, Neb.: University of Nebraska Press, 2008.
- Andrei Oisteanu: Inventing the Jew, Antisemitic Stereotypes in Romanian and Other Central-East European Cultures.Lincoln, Neb.: University of Nebraska Press, 2009.
- Olaf Blaschke: Offenders or Victims? German Jews and the Causes of Modern Catholic Antisemitism. Lincoln, Neb.: University of Nebraska Press, 2009.
- Shmuel Moreh and Zvi Yehuda, eds.: Al-Farhüd, The 1941 Pogrom in Iraq. Jerusalem: The Hebrew University Magnes Press, 2010.
- Robert S. Wistrich: A Lethal Obsession: Anti-Semitism from Antiquity to the Global Jihad. New York: Random House, 2010.
- Darren O'Brien: The Pinnacle of Hatred: The Blood Libel and the Jews. Jerusalem: The Hebrew University Magnes Press, 2011.
- Robert S. Wistrich: From Ambivalence to Betrayal: The Left, the Jews, and Israel. Lincoln, Neb.: University of Nebraska Press, 2012.
- Robert S. Wistrich Ed.: Holocaust Denial: The Politics of Perfidy. Berlin: Co-published by The Hebrew University Magnes Press and De Gruyter, 2013.
- Wawrzyn, Heidemarie: Nazis in the Holy Land 1933-1948. Berlin: Co-published by The Hebrew University Magnes Press and De Gruyter, 2013.
STUDIES IN ANTISEMITISM: HISTORY
- Shmuel Almog: Nationalism and Antisemitism in Modern Europe, 1815-1945. Oxford: Pergamon, 1990. xxv, 159 pp. abstract
JOINT PROJECT WITH THE ZALMAN SHAZAR CENTER FOR JEWISH HISTORY & THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY FOR ISRAEL
- Michel Abitbol: From Cremieux to Petain: Antisemitism in Colonial Algeria, 1870-1940. (Hebrew) Jerusalem, 1988. 188 pp. abstract
- Shmuel Almog: Nationalism and Antisemitism in Modern Europe 1815-1945. (Hebrew). Jerusalem, 1988. 181 pp. abstract
- Nathaniel Katzburg: Antisemitism in Hungary 1867-1944 (Hebrew). Jerusalem, 1992. 203 pp. abstract
- Rivka Yadlin: Anti-Zionism as Anti-Judaism in Egypt (Hebrew). Jerusalem, 1988. 157 pp. abstract
- Miriam Yardeni: Hugeunots and Jews (Hebrew). Jerusalem, 1998.
- Graciela Ben-Dror: The Catholic Church and the Jews. Argentina 1945-1933 (Hebrew). Jerusalem, 2000. 328 pp.
THE FELIX POSEN BIBLIOGRAPHIC PROJECT
- Susan Sarah Cohen, ed.: Antisemitism: An Annotated Bibliography description Vols. 1-19 (1984-2005). Munich: K.G. Saur, 1987-2005
- Sara Grosvald, ed.: Antisemitism: An Annotated Bibliography Vols. 20-21 (2004-2005). De Gruyter Verlag, 2008-9
- Susan Sarah Cohen, ed.: Antisemitism: An Annotated Bibliography Vols. 22 (2006). De Gruyter Verlag, 2013
- Rena R. Auerbach, ed.: `The Jewish Question' in German-Speaking Countries, 1849-1914: A Bibliography. New York: Garland, 1994. xxv, 385 pp. abstract
ACTA OCCASIONAL PAPERS
- Yehuda Bauer, ed.: The Danger of Antisemitism in Central and Eastern Europe in the Wake of 1989-1990. Jerusalem: SICSA, 1991. 107 pp. abstract
- Robert S. Wistrich; DellaPergolla, Sergio, eds: Fascist Antisemitism and the Italian Jews. abstract
- Robert S. Wistrich, ed: The "Other" as Threat: Demonization and Antisemitism. description
THE STUDY CIRCLE ON WORLD JEWRY
Series 14, 1984-85, Yehuda Bauer, ed. Jerusalem: SICSA and ICJ, 1985. (English and Hebrew)
- No. 1 - Yehuda Bauer, Antisemitism Today: Myth and Reality. abstract
- No. 2 - Shmuel Ettinger, Antisemitism after the Six-Day War. abstract
- No. 3 - Yisrael Gutman, Denying the Holocaust. abstract
- No. 4 - Robert S. Wistrich, Anti-Zionism as an Expression of Antisemitism in Recent Years. abstract
- No. 5 - Franklin H. Littell, American Protestantism and Antisemitism. abstract
- No. 6 - Emmanuel Sivan, Islamic Fundamentalism and Antisemitism. abstract
- No. 7 - Haim Avni, Antisemitism under Democratic and Dictatorial Regimes: The Experience of Latin American Jewry
- No. 8 - Aviezer Ravitsky, The Phenomenon of Kahanism: Consciousness and Political Reality
- No. 9 - Zeev Sternhell, Antisemitism and the Right in France
ACADEMIC ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN ANTISEMITISM INTERNATIONAL:
- Antisemitism International 2003
Robert S .Wistrich: Totalitarian Antisemitism: A Global Menace, pg. 13
Menahem Milson: What is Arab Antisemitism?, pg. 23
Zvi Mazel: Hatred and Antisemitism in the Egyptian Press, pg. 32
Judith Elizur: How David Became Goliath: The Demonization of Israel's Image,1948-2003, pg. 41
Margaret Brearley: Bi-focal Vision: Israel and the Intifada in the British Press, pg. 47
Simcha Epstein: Anti-Jewish Violence in Western Countries since 2000: An Initial Assessment, pg. 54
Leon Volovici: Teaching and Learning about Antisemitism in Romania, pg. 59
Robert S .Wistrich: Antisemitism in Europe Today Address to the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), 19 June 2003, pg. 62
Roger Bolton: Blame and Shame: the Making of a TV Documentary, pg. 83
Alifa Saadya: Antisemitism Watch among the Bloggers, pg. 85
- Antisemitism International 2004Robert Wistrich: A War of Civilizations? Reflections on 9/11, pg. 5
Robert S .Wistrich: Pius XII and the Shoah, pg. 10
Yaakov Ariel: Backward Christian Soldiers: The Passion of the Christ and Interfaith Reconciliation, pg. 23
Hillel Tryster: "We have ways of making you believe...": The Eichmann Trial as Seen in The Specialist, pg. 34
Matthias K?ntzel: Islamic Antisemitism and Its Nazi Roots, pg. 44
Rivka Yadlin: Rider without a Horse on Egyptian TV: The Protocols as Vox Populi, pg. 53
Simcha Epstein: The Nine Children of Abu Ali:French Press Blunders and the Israeli Palestinian Conflict, pg. 61
Henrik Bachner: Antisemitic Motifs in the Swedish Debate on Israel: 1982 and 2000-2002, pg. 72
Douglas Kirsner: Condemning Antisemitism: Resolutions of the Australian Parliaments, pg. 79
- Antisemitism International 2005-6
- Shnirelman, Victor A.: The Myth of the Khazars and Intellectual Antisemitism in Russia, 1970s-1990s. Jerusalem: Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism, Hebrew University, 2002. 200 pp.
- Keren, Nili: Zelikowitz, Gila: Auron, Yair: Antisemitism and Racism: An Attitude Research among High School Students in Israel. (In Hebrew) Jerusalem: Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism, Hebrew University, ; Tel-Aviv: Center of Holocaust and Contemporary Jewish Studies, Segal Institute for Research and Development, Kibbutzim College of Education, 1997. 118 pp.].
- Patterns of Prejudice. 27, 1 (July 1993); 27, 2 (Oct 1993).
"Special Issue on Antisemitism in Europe, I-II: Selected papers from an international conference organized by the Zentrum fuer Antisemitismusforschung, Berlin, in association with the Institute of Jewish Affairs, London, and the Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism, Jerusalem, in Berlin, September 1992."
Part I: Benz, Wolfgang: Traditional and Rediscovered Prejudices in the New Europe: Antisemitism, Xenophobia, Discrimination against Minorities (3-13); Bauer, Yehuda: Antisemitism as a European and World Problem (15-24); Lerman, Antony: Antisemitism and Racism in Europe Today: Some Problems of Research and Interpretation (25-29); Pulzer, Peter George Julius: The Tradition of Austrian Antisemitism in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (31-46); Loewe, Heinz-Dietrich: Government Policies and the Tradition of Russian Antisemitism, 1772-1917 (47-63); Yukhneva, Natalya V.: Political and Popular Antisemitism in Russia in the Period of "Perestroika" (65-70); Karady, Viktor: Antisemitism in Twentieth-Century Hungary: A Socio-Historical Overview (71-92); Jelinek, Yeshayahu Andrej: Historical and Actual Minority Problems in Czecho-Slovakia (93-105); Vago, Raphael: The Traditions of Antisemitism in Romania (107-119); Cala, Alina: Antisemitism in Poland Today (121-126); Krzeminski, Ireneusz: Antisemitism in Today's Poland: Research Hypotheses (127-135).
Part II: Graml, Hermann: Political and Cultural Antisemitism in Germany [In the 19th century.] (5-11); Erb, Rainer: Jews and Other Minorities in Germany since the 1990s (13-19); Bergmann, Werner: Antisemitism in (East and West) German Public Opinion, 1987-1992 (21-28); Stern, Frank: Antisemitism and Historical Consciousness: German Attitudes towards Jews and Israel (29-38); Pelinka, Anton: Dismantling Taboos: Antisemitism in the Austrian Political Culture of the 1980s (39-48); Sekelj, Laslo: Antisemitism and Nationalist Conflicts in the Former Yugoslavia [From 1918 to 1992.] (63-80); Kovacs, Andras: Antisemitism in Post-Communist Hungary (95-101); Varga, Laszlo: The Image of the Jews in Hungarian Public Opinion [On the "Jewish question" in post-1945 Hungary.] (103-118); Schmidt-Hartmann, Eva: The Enlightenment That Failed: Antisemitism in Czech Political
Culture [From the 19th century to the present.] (119-128).
A Lethal Obsession:
Antisemitism from Antiquity to
the Global Jihad
The Pinnacle of Hatred:
The Blood Libel and the Jews
Ambivalence to Betrayal: The Left, The Jews and Israel
An Annual Research Journal
Posen Papers in Contemporary
Antisemitism No. 14
Defining the Enemy as Israel, Zionist, Neo-Nazi or Jewish: The Propaganda War in Nasser's Egypt, 1952-1967
Posen Papers in Contemporary
Antisemitism No. 13
From Blood Libel to Boycott:
Changing Faces of British Antisemitism
Posen Papers in Contemporary
Antisemitism. no. 12
A European Plot on the Arab
ACTA Publication No. 35
Martina L. Weisz
The Other Mirror: Spanish Newspapers and Anti-Jewish Mythology (1977-2006)