Sunday, March 15,1998
month Event October
- Neo-Paganism, ‘Volkische Religion’ and Antisemitism II: The Religious Roots of Stereotypes. International workshop: University of Tubingen. 27-29 October 1997.
- Les Juifs et la course vers l’abîme, 1930 à 1939. Centre de Documentation et de Recherche, Etudes Hébraïques et juives, modernes et contemporaines, de l’Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO). Paris. Oct. 27-28, 1997. Attending: Dr Simcha Epstein.
- The 7th International Conference on “Methodological Approaches and Sources in Jewish Historiography.” University Cluj-Napoca, The “Dr. Moshe Carmilly” Institute for Hebrew and Jewish History. Cluj, Oct. 28-30, 1997. Attending: Dr. Leon Volovici.
- Symposium: Romanian Jews in the Light of Historical Research. The Center for the Study of Jewish History in Romania. Bucharest, Nov. 2-4, 1997. Attending: Dr. Leon Volovici
- (Nov. 11, 1997) An evening of discussion marking the opening of the academic year 1997-1998 and the publication of Saul Friedlaender's book, Nazi Germany and the Jews. Participants: Prof. Yehuda Bauer, Chair; Prof. Dalia Ofer, Prof. Dov Kulka, Prof. Robert Wistrich; Respondant: Prof. Saul Friedlaender.
- (Nov. 24, 1997) Research Seminar: Dr. Ranjit Chatterjee: Otto Weininger, Antisemitism, Jewish Self-Hatred: Wittgenstein's Response
- 100 Years of Bund. Hebrew University of Jerusalem; The Bund Institute, University of Haifa; German Historical Institute. Warsaw, Nov. 28-29, 1997. Attending: Dr. Simcha Epstein.
- Racism, Ideology, and Political Organisation. The Swedish National Co-ordinating Committee during the European Year Agaist Racism; Centre for Research in International Migration and Ethnic Relations, University of Stockholm. Stockholm, Dec. 7-9, 1997. Attending: Dr. Simcha Epstein
- International Conference to Mark the 30th Anniversary of the Founding of Patterns of Prejudice. Institute for Jewish Policy Research. London, Dec. 21-22, 1997. Attending: Prof. Dalia Ofer, Dr. Leon Volovici
- (Dec. 29, 1997) Research Seminar: Mr. Semyon Goldin:The Russian Army's Policy of Expulsion of the Jewish Population 1914-1915.
- (Jan. 18, 1998) Workshop:The Jewish Question and Political, Social and Cultural Radicalization in the 1920s and 30s, II: Prof. Shlomo Avineri, Robert Wistrich: Antisemitism and Totalitarianism - A Reassessment: The Case of Hannah Arendt
- (Jan. 26, 1998) Research Seminar: Dr. Jonathan Judaken: Jean-Paul Sartre and "The Jewish Question": The Politics of Engagement and the Image of 'the Jew' in Sartre's Thought, 1930-1980
- (Mar. 15, 1998) Ongoing Workshop (2nd session 1998) on: The "Jewish Question", and Political, Social and Cultural Radicalization in the 1920s and 1930s.Topic: Italian Fascism and Antisemitism. Presenter : Meir Michaelis. Respondent: Mario Sznajder.
- .(Mar. 16, 1998) Evening of discussion: "The Diary of Mihail Sebastian" edited by Dr. Leon Volovici. Participants; A.B. Yaffe: The Jew's Path in Romanian Literature; Dr. Moshe Idel: Mihail Sebastian and Mircea Eliade; Dr. Leon Volovici: Thoughts in the Wake of Disappointment--The Jewish Subject in Sebastian's Diary.
- (March 23, 1998) Research seminar--Topic:The Attitude of the Non-Jewish Population in the Soviet Union toward Jews During the Holocaust Period -- Stereotypes and Viewpoints: The Case of Belarus. Speaker: Daniel Romanovsky
April . May
- International Conference on Culture and the Politics of Identity in Modern Romania.The Journal of the History of Ideas, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey. Bucharest, May 25-27, 1998. Attending: Dr. Leon Volovici
June . July . August . September .